RETURN TO SPORT UPDATE BY viaSPORT BRITISH COLUMBIA AS OF AUGUST 28TH, 2020
- Check out the Phase 3 addition to our Guidelines to stay informed and begin planning for your sports safe transition.
- If you missed our webinar around Phase 3 or just need another look, view the recording on our YouTube channel.
- If your organization is looking for resources to help communicate this new information to your members, here is our communications toolkit.
- Our CEO, Charlene, has been busy educating British Columbians across the province about Phase 3. For summaries of the key points in the Guidelines, check out some of her interviews:
- There’s still time to apply for the Northern BC Coaching and Officiating Development Fund. If you are a community group, provincial sport organization or individual from BC Games Zones 7 or 8, you may be eligible. Read more and apply before September 3.
Please take a moment to share this message with anyone you think may benefit from receiving updates and information on British Columbia’s Return to Sport plan.
From all of us at viaSport, we hope you are all keeping safe and healthy.
A CLOSING NOTE FROM THE MISSION SPORTS COUNCIL
Everyone needs to take note that we are not out of the woods yet and we must be cognizant about everyone’s Liability Risks and the need to ensure we have full buy-in from all of our sports participants. Whether they are players or coaches, officials or volunteers, parents or siblings, we all have to do our part and accept responsibility to ensure everyone stays safe. Click here to learn more around our remaining liability concerns.